Sunday, June 6, 2010

Garden

We planted a garden again this year. We are growing pumpkins, squash, peas, carrots, lettuce, potatoes and artichokes. It is so great having our own garden.

We've had a couple of different plants pop up from last year. So now we have two different types of lettuce, and we will have have two different types of pumpkins!

Today for lunch I wanted a salad. I didn't have any lettuce in our fridge and since it's sunday I won't go to the store. But now I will never have to go to the store because our lettuce is delicious and I just sent Katelyn out to pick me a couple of leaves. I poured on some homemade ranch, and yummy! I'll post some pictures soon. Did you know that when you grow your own lettuce you don't pluck the whole head of lettuce? You can just pick off some of the leaves and it will grow right back!

No comments:

Post a Comment