Monday, May 17, 2010

Service Project

All across California on May 8 our church did a service project. Our city did a service project at a park. We raked, we picked up trash, we picked up sticks, we laid down bark, and I'm sure there was more. The picture above was in the newspaper.
Alex is my 7 year old son, who let's face it, is not a very good cleaner at home. But let me tell you, I have never seen him work so hard! For 2 hours straight he raked hard right next to his dad. Raking was tiring me out, he did amazing!


Katelyn, Ben, and I picked up big sticks. It was a nice morning, and I am so proud of all my kids. Even Benjamin worked really hard the whole time. I think it's a very important thing to learn to serve others. As King Benjamin said, "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God."

No comments:

Post a Comment