Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring Piano Recital

This is the first time I've done a spring recital in a long time! Usually life is just too crazy! But I really loved it. More students came than normal, I was only missing 2 families (4 kids). We played potato sack races, spoon and egg (plastic) races, and a couple of little Minute to Win it games. And we had a potluck. I always wish that there were 3 of me when it comes time for a recital. I never get enough pictures, and don't have enough time to visit with parents because I'm playing with the kids!

There are a couple pictures of students that are on my phone and not in this post because I left my camera in Joel's car who I sent off to the store to buy ice. Benjamin performed at his first piano recital, and Alex and Katelyn of course played and did fantastically! I had 3 flute students play. I only got a picture of one of them because one of my flute students I played a flute/piano duet with, and the other student I played a flute/flute duet with. (That was so much fun I really miss playing the flute everyday!)

It was a really great recital, there were all sorts of different genres of music, songs from the radio, songs from movies, classical, romantic, jazz, folk, and more!



No comments:

Post a Comment